Friday, January 09, 2009

Writing update!

While I did make it to the end of my Nanowrimo project, I am putting any work on that story way, way, waaaaaaay on the back burner. I am instead re-working the first book I ever wrote. And by re-working, I mean the kind of re-writing where you look at the original manuscript and say: "Awesome! Now I have a 125,000-word outline!"

If you had told me a year ago that I would need to do this kind of revision to save the story, I would have cried. But now I am really enjoying myself. It's actually very enjoyable to sit down, look at the events of a scene and just write it a whole new way. It's being re-written this way because it's the same story with a new heroine. So she has similiar motivations and similiar responses but not exactly. (The love angles wind up totally different because of this.) But most of the same awful stuff happens to her. It's the same world, new girl.

Or the same world, different writer? I don't know who has changed most, my heroine, or me. I just know that what I'm writing sounds totally different than what I started writing 4 years ago.

1 comment:

Shay said...

Is Lohra no more? I hope your new leading lady is even better!

Thanks for the comment on my blog.