Sunday, April 12, 2009

We gathered together

Reading: Darker Than You Think, Jack Williamson
Writing/editing: critiquing for my writing partner
Coffee units: 5 (is that bad?)
Noteworthy nibbles: creme brulee at Pix

I can totally explain the five cups of coffee. See, the Ahabs (John's brother and sister-in-law) came down Friday night. Saturday night my brother surprised us all with a (20 hour) visit. The combination of visitors and awesome games shorted my sleep cycle by a chunk or two, and then I sat around for an hour just chatting with Jak. Just chatting, in my family, means drinking coffee and running off at the mouth. So I had some extra coffee. And then some with dessert. And then some when I got home.

Soooo yummy. Coffee is wonderful.

It's hard to explain how nice the weekend turned out. Sometimes a lot of company can be too exciting, but we balanced everything out and I feel peaceful, warm and fuzzy.

Oh, and exhausted. Maybe I should have another cup of coffee?

No comments: