Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A trip down memory lane

So I was revisiting some of the oldest posts on my blog--I mean, the prehistoric ones from my first year of blogging (2004!). And this one cracked me up. We lived a very different lifestyle back then (tv? steak?), but Fiona is still the same awesome kid.

chef baby

We must watch too much of the Food Network. Today I had some vacuum-packed steaks out on the counter to defrost, and Fiona was playing with them. She just kept turning them over and over, saying: "Flip. Flip. Flip." I explained the steaks were for dinner, and she became very excited. When I tried to sit her in her high chair, she insisted on bringing one of the steaks to the table with her. She continued flipping it for a while in between bites, then began drizzling tomato soup over the package. She was very careful to cover the entire surface, and I heard her mumbling: "Good eats."

At least it wasn't "BAM!"

PS: I asked her if she was making a sauce and she said "Ooooh," which is Finnish for "yes." Then she flipped the steak and sauced the other side with equal care. She rubbed her chicken salad into the mess and ate some of it and then left the thing to marinade. Thank goodness it was vacuum sealed! I just washed the package off and put them all in the fridge, far from little fingers.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I remember reading this the first time around but it is still very cute. And I love that Fi still sometimes uses "oooh" for "yes"!