Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Super big weekend

Gosh. I can't believe how tired I am. People tell you getting married is hard work, but I hadn't believed just how worn out it would leave me. Who knew being a hyper-emotional mess for an entire week would leave a girl so tuckered out?

I'm not really sure why I was such a crazy emotional disaster, although I feel certain impatience, nervousness (what if they don't like my chili?!?), and excitement played equal parts. After all, it's not every day that I get to see my parents or meet a really awesome friend (who proved to be just as awesome in person as in her near-daily emails) or marry the most excellent man alive.

Now I just want to take naps, hold toes with my new hubbie (yes, he really does hold toes. It's enchanting!), and try to recoup some of my brainpower. I have so much writing to catch up on, it's not even funny!

5 comments:

Emily Jiang said...

Congrats on your wedding! May your marriage be long-lived and overflowing with health and happiness. :)

Erin said...

You know how people say they spend entire honeymoons in bed? It's because they spend entire honeymoons SLEEPING :) It's the secret only we married ladies know ;)

Also--the chili was AWESOME. Especially on tortilla chips!

Kat Howard said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. May all your stories together have happy endings.

Miriam Forster said...

Congratulations!!!!

*hugs and confetti*

Lance said...

And here we are two weeks and a day later. Hope the first fifteen days have been truly incredible and that things only get better from here.

Throwing a few late grains of rice/confetti.